5.30.2008

Something Blue

Instead of asking them to buy new dresses, Kassie and Andy asked all of the bridesmaids to wear a navy blue dress of their choice. Kassie chose navy not because it was her favorite color, but because she knew it would allow her maids to recycle previously worn gowns:

"It's not that I care so much about navy blue, but two years prior, our friend Anna had been married and two of my sisters and I had been her bridesmaids and she chose navy blue. Then my third sister Molly, who got married last year, just used the same color so we could wear the same dresses, so I did the same thing again." Because Molly didn't have a blue dress to wear, "she bought a white one for $15 and dyed it!"

Choosing one color is a great way to create a unified look while saving your bridesmaids money and decreasing the impact of your wedding on the environment. You can also offer a color pallet for a more diversified look.

No comments: